Challenge Blog-Scrapper's Delights

Challenge Blog-Scrapper's Delights
**Click To Join Scrapper's Delights Challenge**

Scrapper's Delights NL

Friday 25 May 2012

Goth Girlz Rule!

Hey Everyone!  Are you all ready for Summer break? I know I am!  As you know we are having a Goth contest here at Scrapper's Delights.  This is what I came up with.  I really like the clean and simple approach to cards and scrap booking. That being said I have found that some themes such as vintage to be a really difficult look to achieve within the Clean and Simple (CAS) aesthetic. So when I began working with our Little Goth Girl, I almost went into panic mode.  But guess what? She fit into that style perfectly.  So I could go outside my comfort zone but still stay within it.  Take a look at what I did with her and I will point out how I kept within the CAS look but still kept this card nicely "GOTH".

The first rule of CAS design is to use no more than 3 embellishments. As you can see I have three on this card, the ribbon, the gemstone and the black bead runner between the text. I also used only two colors, the purple and teal, and two neutrals..the black and white.  Except for the scalloped circle on which our little girl is showcased, all other lines are straight rectangles.  To keep the sentiment simple and within our theme I found this really cool font called "chiller" online and I was able to download it for free. I printed it out on white card stock, matted it onto the purple card stock, added the beading and my Goth Card was finished and it is both GOTH and CAS. 
Here are the rules for Clean and Simple Design
1. No more than three embellishments.
2. No more than two colors (Hair color does not count)
3) No more than two Neutrals (these are black, white, cream, beige, taupe  and so on)
4) No more than two edge types...on this card we have mainly straight lines and one item has a round scalloped edge.
5) No more than two patterned papers.  On this project I chose not to use any.

Keep to those simple guidelines and your projects will be perfectly balanced and Clean and Simple.

Ya'all have a great weekend!
Laurie



3 comments:

  1. Great color job and I love that black lace embellishment. That is a great goth card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, where do we enter our cards, there's no link
    Thanks
    Kenzie
    Http://kraftyhugzz.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kenzie by blog has gone back to a basic design for some reason??
    I am hoping to be able to fix it all very soon
    here is the link to the challenge post
    http://scrappersdelightspapercrafts.blogspot.co.uk/search/label/Challenge

    Love Janice XXX

    ReplyDelete