The first rule of CAS design is to use no more than 3 embellishments. As you can see I have three on this card, the ribbon, the gemstone and the black bead runner between the text. I also used only two colors, the purple and teal, and two neutrals..the black and white. Except for the scalloped circle on which our little girl is showcased, all other lines are straight rectangles. To keep the sentiment simple and within our theme I found this really cool font called "chiller" online and I was able to download it for free. I printed it out on white card stock, matted it onto the purple card stock, added the beading and my Goth Card was finished and it is both GOTH and CAS.
Here are the rules for Clean and Simple Design
1. No more than three embellishments.
2. No more than two colors (Hair color does not count)
3) No more than two Neutrals (these are black, white, cream, beige, taupe and so on)
4) No more than two edge types...on this card we have mainly straight lines and one item has a round scalloped edge.
5) No more than two patterned papers. On this project I chose not to use any.
Keep to those simple guidelines and your projects will be perfectly balanced and Clean and Simple.
Ya'all have a great weekend!